- Four-time Champion as a player and coach.
- Over thirty years of basketball experience as a player, coach, businessman, and educator.
- Highly skilled in teaching fundamentals of frontcourt play, and the lost art of playing back to the basket.
- Widley respected as an outstanding Frontcourt Player Development Coach.
- Played for, and worked with, such well known coaches as Bill Raftery, P.J. Carlesimo, Dave Cowens, Jim Lynam, Jerry Stackhouse, Stan Heath, and Robert Spon.
- Coached, taught, and worked with male and female frontcourt players from elementary girls, to high school boys and girls, to girls AAU, to men’s college, to international professional, to NBA D/G-League level on developing their frontcourt game skills.
- New York State Certified Social Studies Teacher
- New York State Certified Bilingual Teacher (English/Spanish)
- Played at Long Island Lutheran High School from 1977-79. Named Honorable Mention Pre-Season All American by Basketball Magazine in 1979. Team ranked number four in New York State in 1978. In 1979, team won New York State’s Alliance of Independent Schools Championship, and were New York State Federation semifinalists.
- Inducted into Long Island Lutheran High School’s Athletic Hall of Fame, in 2019.
- Played collegiately at Seton Hall University in the early 1980’s, during the first four years of the Big East Conference, against All Americans, future Olympic Gold Medalists, NBA Champions, and Hall of Famers including: Patrick Ewing, Hakeem Olajuwon, Bill Wennington, Otis Thorpe, Chris Mullin, Clyde Drexler, Danny Schayes, and dozens of others who have played in the NBA.
- Played five seasons professionally in Puerto Rico. Team won the Superior Basketball League’s Championship in 1978. Was on the Puerto Rican Junior National Team in 1978, National Team in 1979, and was named to their Olympic Team in 1980. Also played one season professionally in Australia.
- Possesses a vast range of coaching experience: from preteen girls to men’s professional ranks including: high school boys and girls, girls AAU, men’s college, international and North American professional men.
- Coached NBA G/D-League caliber players at Raptors 905, Long Island Nets, and Delaware 87ers/Blue Coats, Lakeland Magic Free Agent Camps. Also coached professional players at the Canadian National Basketball Draft Combine, and several other minor professional basketball league Free Agent Camps.
- Former Assistant Coach with Premier League Champion, Rochester (NY) Razorsharks. Worked with teams frontcourt players to develop their individual and team position skills in order to successfully compete at the professional level; as well as other responsibilities commonly associated with an assistant coach.
- Coached and taught players who have achieved honors such as: Premier Basketball League Champions, high school All League/Conference, All-Rochester City Athletic Conference, New York State High School Champions.
- Coached at the boy’s high school level on Long Island and Rochester, at the collegiate level at Niagara University, Molloy College, and Brockport State, as well as the male international pro level in Cork, Ireland.
- Head Girl’s Varsity Basketball Coach at Monroe High School in Rochester, for four years. Built a varsity program after an absence of over twenty years, and led them to back to back winning seasons for the first time since the mid-1980’s.
- Coached six years of girl’s AAU for the Western New York Lady Lakers and the Rochester Revolution.
- Several former school aged players went on to become impact players on their respective high school teams, then went on to play at the NCAA Division I, II, and III levels.
ScoutCurrently the Advance/Regional Scout for the:
- Harlem Globetrotters, and teams in the Puerto Rican Superior League, the Canadian National Basketball League, The Basketball League, and the Saudi Arabian Premier League.
- Played professionally in Puerto Rico and Australia, and coached at the international pro levels in Cork, Ireland.
- Conducted instructional basketball camps and clinics on five continents (North America – USA, Puerto Rico; Europe – England, Germany, Ireland, Italy; South America – Ecuador; Africa – Burkina Faso; and Australia).
- Worked major international basketball tournaments: 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta; 1993 World University Games; and the 1998 Goodwill Games.
- Created a series of a basketball/cultural exchanges for his girls AAU teams with teams from Ireland and Germany. Girls had homestays with host team’s players and played in tournaments. In 2008 and 2013, teams traveled to Limerick and Galway, Ireland. In 2009, teams from Berlin and Bonn, Germany, came to Rochester. In 2011, team went to Bonn, Germany.
- Owner of Full Court International since its inception in 1992, first as an international player agency and was a WNBPA certified player representative.
- Company now primarily works on frontcourt player development and coaching.
- Honesty, integrity, and knowledgeable instruction are trademarks that embody the goals of Full Court International.
- Certifications and credentials include: FIBA International Coaching License, New York State High School Coaching License, New York State Teacher Certification, New York State Bilingual Extension, FIBA Olympic Solidarity Instructor, member of the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association, and New York Basketball Coaches Association.
- “Basketball Operations Consultant” for the Lewisville Leopards
Basketball Operations Consultant – Lewisville Leopards – The Basketball League
- Observed, reviewed, evaluated, and analyzed multiple areas of the basketball operations of a minor league professional basketball team in order to support continuing growth and improvement of the management, coaching staff, and players.
- Studied and analyzed team’s style of play, individual players game skills/abilities.
- Developed plans to maximize player/team performance in practice and games.
- Provided mentorship and feedback to management, coaching and support staff, and players.
- Scouted and evaluated individual players and designed development plans to improve players’ skills.
- Created, and planned a “basketball fundamental boot camp” for team’s players in order to improve individual and team skills.
- Trained and experienced teacher and coach who knows how to break down concepts and skills of playing the frontcourt positions in such a way that enables players to easily learn proper form and technique of the position.
- Coaching style/philosophy could be considered old school… Enthusiastic, hands on, on-court demonstrating, no short cuts, attention to detail; stressing fundamentals and use of basic skills to build upon to develop better technique to play the frontcourt positions.
- Expects players he works with to be respectful, pay attention, have a positive attitude, listen, learn, play hard/intense, play to improve, and most of all have fun!
- Working hard and learning proper fundamental skills of the position leads to success on both the individual and the team levels come game time!