Two levels of instruction for male and female players:
1) Scholastic – Grades 7-12 (players who have experience playing at the Modified, Freshmen, JV, Varsity, or AAU levels).
2) Collegiate/Professional – Players who are currently playing in college, or at the professional levels.
Participants in Full Court International’s Drop Step Academy’s skills instructional sessions can expect:
- Intense and customized instruction designed for players who play the front court positions and are SERIOUS about improving their inside game.
- Emphasis on acquisition, improving, and refining of the fundamental skills of post play.
- Individual and small group instruction. No more than five participants in an instructional session.
- Instructional groups are age, skill level, and gender specific.
Full Court International’s Drop Step Academy’s skills instructional sessions can include:
- How to use body on both offense and defense to establish position and become a physical presence in the paint.
- How to use body on both offense and defense when finesse is called for in the lane.
- Back to the basket(low post) moves
- Facing the basket (high post/wing) moves
- Squaring up, attacking the rim, and finishing strong
- Using both hands from both sides of the basket
- Denying and defending the low post
- Denying and defending the high post/wing
- Sliding and positioning
- Shot Blocking
- Taking Charges
- Boxing Out
- Defensive positioning and outlet passes
- Offensive positioning and put backs
- How to properly set and use
- Rolling and Popping after screen
- Defending/Hedging and recovering
Footwork and Agility
- Jump stops and pivoting
- Cutting and moving without the ball
- Quickness and agility drills
Passing and Ball Handling
- Different styles of passes post players should possess
- Ball handling drills specific to post play